Creative KOL Campaign Ideas
The days of expensive ad campaigns in print or even on Google seem to be slipping away, and instead companies are investing their marketing dollars into influencer marketing.
Influencer marketing is the single most powerful way to advertise and grow your business – and usually for an affordable cost.
So what is an influencer?
An influencer is someone that has a large presence on social media (or email / YouTube subscribers) usually with a niche audience. The audience is very engaged and attached to the influencer so when they promote a company, it creates instant credibility and exposure for them.
When you look at a print ad, Google ad, or even a Facebook ad, it’s the company promoting their own brand. No matter how clever the ad is, it’s not as powerful as having someone else promote your brand for you. When you work with influencers, it’s more like word-of-mouth marketing, a more trusted way to advertise because it’s a third party recommending your product or service.
Here are the benefits of working with an influencer:
- Ability to put your product or service in front of a LARGE niche audience.
- Get instant brand credibility – a well-known influencer who recommends your product or service gives your company instant clout.
- Ignites Word-of-Mouth Marketing – people telling other people about your brand is the best way to grow your business.
- More affordable and effective than traditional advertising.
- Unique way to grow your audience – creative campaigns like contests or giveaways can grow your social media followers and/or newsletter subscribers (the audience of the influencer becomes your audience by opting in for a free offer)
- Working with a good influencer gets you amazing ROI
Influencer Marketing Campaign Ideas
The types of campaigns you can do are endless. Here are some ideas that work well:
- Product /Service Review
- Give an exclusive deal code to influencer’s audience to redeem (make sure to create a unique code for each influencer so you can track how well the conversions are)
- Create a revenue share with the influencer – again create a unique code and every sale that comes from their campaign, the influencer gets a %.
- Live Video Review or Unboxing
- Photo Contest
- Free E-Book Offer
- Free Checklist Offer
- Content Campaign (for example, 5 Fashion Outfits for this Holiday Season – written by the company and then promoted / shared by the influencer)
- Video Campaign
- Public Service Announcement
- Crowd-Funding Campaign
- Sale Campaign (deal offer)
- Engaging Campaign / Survey
- and much more!
What are your favorite ways to work with brands? Share in the comments below!